Hibbs General Contracting offers steel airplane hangars in a variety of designs and sizes and designs. Our steel airplane hangar designs offer a cost-effective solution with minimal construction time and lower lifetime maintenance. Work with our team to design and build the perfect space for your aircraft – one that will fit your current craft, and which can be easily expanded in the future.
Aircraft Hangar Design
Our column-free design options for airplane hangar projects offer wide open floor space, which provides an opportunity for design flexibility to suit your needs. You’ll work with our team to determine the look of your building – with Genstone options available to create a rock and stone style exterior. Architectural trim packages, gutters and downspouts, translucent roof panels, skylights and other options are available for a truly custom building.
In addition to our open floor plan designs, we are able to offer a variety of doors for your space:
- Bifold hangar doors: These doors provide high clearance room for your aircraft and low maintenance
- Biparting doors: These doors are able to accommodate wider aircraft
- Stacking hangar doors: This options provides larger openings and ease of handling for opening and closing the hangar.
Steel airplane hangar material features
All of our aircraft spaces offer the following features:
- Engineer-certified drawings and anchor bolt plans
- Solid main frame construction
- Industry standard A-325 structural bolt
- 50,000 PSI high strength plate
- Our deluxe architectural trim package
- Submerged arc/welded frames
- Pre-punched components
- Factory primed frames
- 80,000 PSI Galvalume roof sheeting
- Corrugated ridge caps
Contact our office, based in the St Louis area, serving the St Louis region and portions of southern Illinois, for a quote on your airplane hangar construction.